Over the summer I went for a geocache to find a trackable that was listed inside it. Not only did I help that TB out, but also found one that's been missing in action for 5 years! It had been lost in a cache in ID, and I found it in Sandy, UT. I knew I could help its mission to go back to TX, so held on to it. Vacation plans changed, and we were able to go all the way to Cypress, TX to drop it there. Within a week, the owner found the cache it was in and snagged their TB! A word from the owner: "Thanks to everyone who kept this TB moving and took the time to log the activity for the TB."
Never lose hope over something that's lost!